Saint Sebastian’s Amphitheater
M.J. Cataldo, Inc. was awarded the contract for the Amphitheater project at the schools synthetic turf playing fields.
- Year: 2023
- Client: St. Sebastian’s School
- Location: Needham, Mass.
- Project Type: Athletic Field
About This Project
The Saint Sebastian Amphitheater job consisted of start to finish construction of new amphitheater style seating at an existing synthetic turf athletic field. This project had a very tight and demanding 13-week timeline.
Our work Included:
- Demolition of the existing hillside
- Installation of temporary shoring alongside the turf field
- Excavation for footings
- Forming & pouring concrete walls and stairs with reinforced steel
- Installation of crushed stone & drainage to tie into existing catch basins
- Coring through the walls to provide for electrical site lighting
- Installation of granite veneer, topped with precast concrete caps & treads
- Install bronze handrails & guardrails
- Landscaping: loam, sod, and new tree planting